Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Veg Blogs and Websites-Part 2


                 Photo Source

Several days ago, I posted a list of veg blogs and websites that focus on low fat, healthy veg*n living.  After posting the list, I either had one of those, "Why didn't I mention that one" type of moments or you made a suggestion to me about another site.  So, here's part 2 of the veg blogs and websites list.  

11.  Dr. McDougall-This site has so much to offer.  There are podcasts you can download and you can also sign up for a free e-newsletter.  Dr. McDougall is definitely one of the spokespeople for a low-fat, low-sugar vegan diet.  

12.  The Vee Word-Rhea posts some outstanding looking recipes and she also includes a lot of information about her vegan weight loss journey.  It's always great to be able to hear about someone else's journey to health and veganism.  

13.  101 Cookbooks-This site has amazing photos of the recipes!  Not all vegan, but as many of us vegans know, we can usually adapt a vegetarian recipe into a vegan recipe without too many complications!  

14.  Peas and Thank you-The author of this site is a veggie mom raising her kids.  Many of the posts focus on that which is a great resource for those of you veg*ns with kids.  

15.  Making Love in the Kitchen-A website/blog from a nutritionist.  I believe that all of her recipes are vegetarian (many of which were vegan).  Her recipes sound amazing and healthy.  I can't wait to try some of these!

16.  Choosing Raw-I am not a raw foodist, however, I definitely see the health benefits in eating a raw foods diet.  I am always interested in raw foods recipes and I am always game for trying something new.  Many of these recipes sound great and I always love how raw foods can just be a different way of looking at a classic recipe.  

17.  Vegan Cookbook Critic-I love how this site has a link you can click on to see all of the vegan cookbooks the author has reviewed.  There are so many times you are wondering if you should buy a vegan cookbook or not (because you already have 356 of them) and it helps to hear what someone else loved or hated about it.  

18.  Christina Pirello-I know I have a link to Christina Pirello on my side bar to the right, but I can't believe I didn't mention her on the last post.  I LOVE Christina!!  She is a vegan superhero.  I recently finished reading This Crazy Vegan Life and loved every minute of it!  If you haven't heard Christina's story, I would definitely suggest reading about her.  She has made an amazing journey.  

19.  The Kind Life-This past winter, I read Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet.  I really enjoyed this book.  She created a website focusing on aspects of the book.  Some of her recipes in the book are not necessarily WW friendly, but if you try to focus on the superhero recipes, almost all of them are WW friendly and very healthy.  

20.  Pure 2 Raw-Another great vegan, raw site.  So many great sounding recipes

21.  Oh She Glows-The author of this site is now vegan.  Some of her recipes listed are from before she went vegan.  I just wanted to make note of this.  Almost all of the recipes are vegan and she is currently vegan....I just didn't want there to be any confusion.  :)

That's all I have for now!  If I hear of any more great resources, I will plan on posting a Part 3!  


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for parts one and two of this list. Have you seen this link?

    http://tinyurl.com/ybe33uu

    ReplyDelete
  2. No-I haven't seen that. Thanks, Julie! That's a great list!

    ReplyDelete