Friday, February 5, 2010

Working Out in the Winter

Working out during the winter is always a bit of a challenge.  I hate working out in gyms but often it's too cold or gross to get outside.  So.....what usually happens is that my working out slacks a lot during the cold months.  However, for Christmas I got the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus and then got the Wii Active a few weeks ago.  I really like both of them but for different reasons.  The Active is definitely more of an intense workout leaving me feeling very sore for a few days following. 
 The Wii Fit Plus has a lot of fun games and I LOVE the yoga.  It has been such a saving grace this winter having these programs to supplement my workouts.



  I still try to get out as much as possible to take these guys out for walks, but sometimes winter weather keeps me from being able to do that.  


2 comments:

  1. Dear Katy,
    I just wanted to thank you for your support on the vb the other day on that monstrous thread that the hunky bicep guy posted. If not for you, Beth and Ellie giving me some indication that I wasn't crazy, I was feeling like "quitting" the veggieboard. It makes me so mad when women hold men to a much lower standard than they hold themselves and each other. I would have written this to you privately, but didn't have your email.
    Thanks again,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maddy, I totally agree. Being a feminist, it's a really frustrating thing to hear women do that. I don't care who or what you are, you have to have respect. I was really upset about that the other day. I supported you 100%. :)

    ReplyDelete