Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Love My Crockpot!

   
I have started to use my crockpot a lot lately.  It is so convenient on days when I get home from work and then have a Weight Watchers meeting or something else I have to go to.  It's so nice to just have dinner ready when I get home.  However, before recently, I have never really used the crockpot that much.  I don't really like a pot of beans as dinner.  Sometimes it's nice, but most of the time I am craving something with more "substance."  I posted a crockpot recipe back in January for Spinach Tofu in a Peanut Coconut Sauce that is amazing and so easy!  Now I have been finding new recipes that don't have beans or beans are not the "main feature" of the recipe.  Last week I tried a pot pie recipe from this cookbook:


I was not crazy about this particular pot pie recipe, but with some tweeking and adjustments, I think it could be really good.  I also marked a lot of pages in this cookbook to try later.  I also love browsing the Fat Free Vegan crockpot recipes.  Do you have any tried and true crockpot recipes?  I would love to know! 

Here are some more veg*n crockpot sites that I have not tried yet:





1 comment:

  1. Your spinach/peanut tofu is awesome! I made it last month, a couple of days after you posted it.
    I just got a new crockpot too; really similar to yours. And.. I'm teaching sushi making in my cooking class this week. Are you following me around? (or am I following you?!) :)

    ReplyDelete