Monday, June 18, 2012

Berry Banana Pancakes



My summer break is officially here!  Hopefully I will have more time now to blog!  I have been wanting to blog about this pancake recipe for awhile now.  Strawberries are about over for the season, but I definitely took advantage of all of the delicious local strawberries this year.

(Strawberries from the farmers market)

I have posted other pancake recipes in the past, and I have mentioned that I always top my pancakes with yogurt and berries instead of maple syrup because I can feel so much more satisfied with the yogurt and berries than the syrup.  Below is my recipe for berry banana pancakes:


Berry Banana Pancakes 
(Serves 1-2)

-1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/8 tsp salt (just a pinch)
-3 packets stevia sweetener 
-1/2 banana (mashed)
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/2 cup almond or other nondairy milk
-1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
-vegan yogurt (optional)
-additional strawberries and blueberries (optional)

Mix all dry ingredients together.  In a separate bowl, mash the banana and then add all other wet ingredients to the mashed banana.  Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Once ingredients are mixed, fold in the blueberries.  Heat up a griddle or pan and make sure it's nonstick or spray it with some cooking spray or oil it.  With a ladle, make into pancakes on the griddle.  Cook on one side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side.  Then flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.  Top pancakes with additional berries, a chopped up banana and vegan yogurt.  


Sometimes I like to make this recipe for dinner too!  I really feel like you can eat pancakes anytime of the day.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment