Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"What else are you doing half-ass?" -Jillian Michaels

I started watching the Biggest Loser last year in May.  I caught the end of one of the seasons and got hooked on the show.  Up until that point, I had imagined the show to be exploitative and just trying to make a mockery of overweight people.  Finally, I decided to watch it and see for myself and I was pleasantly surprised (and hooked) right away!  I find the show to be such an inspiration.  During a recent episode, Jillian was pushing her team to work harder with their running on the treadmill.  Almost everyone pushed themselves to a point that they never had before and they were all amazed at what they could do.  It was a defining moment for many contestants on the show.  Then Jillian Michaels said, "What else are you doing half ass?"  There was something about this statement that really resonated with me.  It got me thinking about my own life and how often do I really push myself to see what I am capable of. 


I started looking around on the internet for other Biggest Loser quotes and I was surprised there aren't more sites that list out BL quotes.  I did find a few here though. 

These are some of my favorites:

"This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments where you can choose whether or not to say "I can't" or "I can." It is a choice that will either make or break you for life." - Jillian

"Don't lose sight of what you want! Don't lose sight of what you're entitled too!" - Bob

"Well then just do it. Stop saying all these words, quit talking. I'm sick of just words, words, words, talk , talk, talk. Shut the f**k up! Just do it! Just stop talking and do it." - Bob

"Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever." -Bob


Is there a moment or quote from the Biggest Loser that really stands out to you?  I am constantly inspired by the show.  I also love Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels.  I love that Bob is vegan now and he even talks about veganism on the show sometimes and has even worn a vegan shirt!  Jillian is just a bad-ass to me.  I love that she cares but is tough.  I am glad I finally gave the show a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment