Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate Haystacks

Since I joined Weight Watchers at the end of June, I have been hearing about these "haystacks" that you can make with Fiber One cereal.  So I decided to make a vegan version of these tonight.  They were very tasty at 1 point a piece for those of you counting WW points.  The recipe I made was pretty small b/c I couldn't have too many in the house.  It made it a lot easier on me having a food scale to measure out the chocolate and butterscotch chips.  I used chocolate and butterscotch chips but just chocolate chips would work just fine and may actually be better anyway.  Here is the recipe:

Chocolate Butterscotch Haystacks
Makes 10 haystacks

1 cup Fiber One (original) cereal
60 grams (or 4 servings) Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
28 grams (2 servings) Food Lion brand Butterscotch chips (they are an accidentally vegan product)
Splash of soymilk (or any other non-dairy milk)

I melted the chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds-then added the soymilk and melted for about another 45 seconds.  I stirred up the chips really well and then threw in the Fiber One cereal and mixed it up well to make sure all of the cereal was coated with the chocolate and butterscotch.

I then took my cookie scoop and made the haystacks into individual pieces and placed them on a cookie sheet with wax paper.  I placed them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so they could set up.  And that's all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment