1. Staying home-like I said before, it was just so nice not to have any set in stone plans.
2. Kickboxing-I take a kickboxing class on Friday nights that's mixed with plyometrics and then I take a total kickboxing class on Saturday mornings. I LOVE kickboxing!
3. Spinning-I burn so many calories in one hour of spinning class! This is what I look like when it's over!
(Kind of gross but kind of awesome too!)
4. Making quinoa nachos with the vegan queso dip from the Post Punk Kitchen. I did try to scale back this time on the cashews to just 1/2 cup instead of a full cup and they didn't taste the same as last time. I also think that maybe I didn't puree the cashews long enough to make them smooth and creamy. The consistency of the queso turned out a little bit gritty this time. It still tastes good though.
5. Free avocados at Earth Fare-sometimes Earth Fare has some great coupons! Most of the time, if you spend $5, you get something for free. This weekend's deal was for free avocados with a $5 purchase. You got 2 free avocados with a $5 purchase so I went back twice and ended up with 4 free organic hass avocados. Score!
6. Using my donut pans for the first time and making these donuts from Chocolate Covered Katie. The donuts turned out really good but we ended up eating them more like pancakes with yogurt and sliced strawberries. Here's a picture of the donuts before topped with yogurt and strawberries:
7. Walking in the sunshine with R and Corny on Sunday afternoon-we had a mostly rainy weekend but there was a brief period of time on Sunday morning into the afternoon where we had some beautiful sunshine. We took Corny to the dog park and on a walk along the river for a little while before my spinning class. It was nice to soak up a bit of sunshine.
8. Going to see the movie, "J. Edgar" at the dollar movie instead of watching the Super Bowl-when I say dollar movie, I truly do mean that. On Sundays, we can go see slightly older movies for $1. Awesome! So we spent $2 total to see the movie because we brought our own drinks, popcorn and snacks.
(Even though this movie was pretty sad to me, I still really enjoyed it.)
9. Aldi produce bargains-I just recently discovered Aldi but I am so glad I did. Right now, we have to really watch our spending because of having our mortgage payment and the rental house payment each month. Money is pretty tight. I try to buy as much organic produce as possible, but right now, much of it is just not affordable for us. Each week, Aldi has weekly produce specials and, so far, they have been pretty awesome! This week, I stocked up on broccoli for 89 cents a package, mushrooms for 69 cents a package, grape tomatoes for 69 cents, and baby carrots for 49 cents a pound. I bought a ton of produce!
10. Getting a new food scale in the mail-I left my other food scale at the other house last weekend and I knew that it might be awhile before we made it back to the other house. I just decided to order another one online because the food scale is so important for me to have. If I measure things out in cups, I tend to give myself way too much food. I can't do that with the food scale. I have had a lot of luck with the Escali model so I just decided to order one just like my other one from Amazon. (Except this time I ordered a pretty retro green colored scale!)
(Photo source: scalesetc.com)
Overall, it was a great weekend....just too fast. (As always.) It's always nice to just have some downtime. Have a great week!