Thursday, September 22, 2011

Product Review: Sans Soda

Sans Soda free samples package!

This is the first time I have ever done a product review where someone actually sent me free samples of a product to test out!  This was very exciting.  Awhile back, I did a post on natural diet sodas.  I mentioned Sans Soda but I said it wasn't available anywhere close to where I lived.  Well, now it's available on Amazon with free shipping!  Yay!  Also, when I first looked up the website for the product, the FAQ question said the product was not vegan.  When I sent an inquiry about this, a representative of the company promptly sent me an e-mail back saying that it was, in fact, vegan and that they would fix the website. 

About a month ago, the representative contacted me again and said she would send me free samples of their soda to try out.  When I received the package, I opened it up to all of this soda:

Flavors included Root Beer, Cola, Black Cherry, Orange, and Lemon Lime. 

I was definitely most excited about trying root beer!

And the root beer did not disappoint!  It was excellent.  It was right up there with the Virgil's brand natural diet root beer!  I am not sure which one I like better now.  Both of them are top notch! 

My next favorite flavor was the cola.  It had a great taste and did not have any bitterness or bad taste from the stevia sweetener.  Sometimes I worry about the natural sodas having an unusual taste from being sweetened with stevia, but that was not the case with Sans. 

My least favorite flavors were the orange and the lemon lime.  Those are just naturally not my favorite flavors anyway.  Although, I thought it might be delicious to make a lemon lime vanilla float with vegan vanilla ice cream.  That might be something I keep in mind for the future. 

Natural soda is becoming more popular and easier to get....I am very excited about this.  It's still very expensive, but I have noticed that the health food stores are having more sales and more deals on Zevia, Blue Sky Free and other natural soda brands.  In fact, Amazon even has a Subscribe and Save option for some of the brands.  I checked this out and was pleasantly surprised with some of the prices for some of the brands.  However, I still cannot justify spending so much money on soda on a regular basis.  It still has to be an occasional treat for me. 

I want to say thank you to Sans Soda for letting me try your product for free!  I know if they start selling their soda (especially the root beer) in stores near me, I will definitely pick one up from time to time! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope this soda shows up soon in my area at Whole Foods. It is fun trying new natural soda's,but hate all the calories I find in many of them. Love that this is 0 calories. Soda's are definitely a treat for me as well due to the price, but can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete