Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Food Shelving System = Healthier, Whole Foods Eating


When I started this weight loss journey nearly two years ago, there was no need for me to have shelves to hold beans, grains, flours, etc.  Essentially, I did not enough whole, unprocessed foods and I did not eat enough “from scratch” foods to warrant a shelving system like this.  But as I started cooking healthier, I started cooking more meals from scratch.  Beans instead of fake meats, grains instead of processed pastas, and so on…..  After reading the Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, I was so inspired by her shelving system in her house.  I thought it looked so pretty—almost like interior decorating instead of food shelving.  That’s when I decided to check out Ikea and see what I could come up with.  As my weight loss journey and healthy living continues, so does my need for more shelves and jars!  Unfortunately, my house doesn’t have the space for any more shelves, but hopefully some day I will be able to expand my shelving system. 

Everyday, when I look at these shelves, it reminds me of the transformation I have made with my health.  Here's to many more shelves! 









2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I loved Alicia's pantry, too.

    I keep meaning to buy some glass jars for my beans and grains. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelves and jars are so beautiful. I feel healthier just looking at them. So glad you have them.

    ReplyDelete