Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Review and New Goals and Resolutions for 2011

*This picture was taken on a hike in Hawaii.  I NEVER do hikes when they involve ropes.  But this time I pushed myself to do it and I did.  This was where I had to stop because it got too scary for me to continue, but I did do many sets of ropes before we got to this point.*



2010 has been a great year.  I feel like I am in the best shape of my life, I am healthier than I have ever been and my self esteem and confidence is so much better.  I went on many trips to see friends, family or just for the sake of traveling and seeing new places and I also turned 30!  I challenged myself to try new things, to work harder than what I thought I could and just to genuinely care about myself and my health.  Looking back at my resolutions/goals for 2010, I feel very optimistic about what I am capable of in 2011.  Looking back, these are the resolutions I made for myself for 2010: 

Resolutions for 2010

  1. Floss every day
  2. Workout 5-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes
  3. Scrapbook
  4. Continue to make integrated health a priority (healthy food choices, exercise, sleep, leisure)
  5. Continue sewing
  6. Make at least 1 new recipe a week
*This picture was taken back in September on my birthday weekend.  Bicycling was one type of exercise that I incorporated into my life over the course of the past year.  It was a lot of fun riding bikes on the weekends when the weather was nice.*


Looking back at this, I feel like I had a very successful year.  The only goal that I can’t really say that I completed was scrapbooking.  I will try again this year but I am not going to make this one of my goals/resolutions.  I feel very proud that I have continued to make health a priority.  Even when life gets stressful, healthy living has become such a habit, that falling back on bad habits has not been an issue.  The only time I have fallen off the wagon is with travel.  It has been very difficult to travel and maintain the Weight Watchers program.  But instead of stressing too much about it, I just pick myself up and start right back with it the next day.  I also give myself a few days before I weigh myself because there’s no sense in getting discouraged by what I see on the scale.  However, if I give myself a week and there’s still a gain, I know I am doing something about it and I know the weight will come off so I can start losing again. 

*Jogging has been another exercise that I have started in 2010.  I swore it off after the half marathon in 2006, but after I started losing weight, I got curious about it again.  I felt like it might be easier and more enjoyable with less weight to carry around.  I wouldn't say that that jogging is my favorite form of exercise but I really do enjoy it now and I love that it's such a good calorie burner.*


Goals/Resolutions for 2011

  1. Run a 5k race for an animal organization (Humane Society, SPCA, etc.)

  1. Blog at least once a week (I find it motivates and encourages me when I put my thoughts in writing and really think about my weight loss journey.)


  1. Learn to use my NEW camera!  (I just purchased a Canon Digital Rebel and I should be shipped to me very soon!)

  1. Incorporate more upper body workouts (It was a rude awakening in Hawaii when I was trying to do easy kayaking but it was very tiring for me.)
*This picture was taken at the trailhead of the 13 mile hike that we did for my 30th birthday.  That was such a great feeling completing that hike and knowing that it was something that I wouldn't have been able to do when I turned 20.  Knowing that I am in better shape than I have ever been is such a great feeling!

What are your resolutions and goals for 2011?  What do you want to accomplish this year?  Happy New Year to you!




5 comments:

  1. and to you too(make it a good one the years just wizz by these days:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie, I'm so proud of you. You are such an amazing force of nature. Long may you run! Happiest New Year. I wish you success!
    love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maddy! You inspire me every day. I feel very fortunate to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post, Great Work. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete