Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Daiya Trick



Does anyone else have this problem?  I like to eat the Daiya vegan cheese right out of the bag.  When I make pizza, quesadillas or any other recipe, I tend to steal bites of the cheese right out of the bag.  I probably easily eat an extra 1-2 servings of the cheese this way.  I really like the way it tastes and it's salty so I just keep eating more and more of it.  But I've figured out a solution to this.  I just always keep it frozen.  It doesn't compromise the taste of the cheese and I don't like to eat it when it's frozen.  Win Win!!!  I know this was a short post, but I was just thinking about how this simple solution keeps me in check. 

Do you have any tricks that keep you from eating too much, bingeing or keeping yourself on track?  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. You HAVE Got to try the wedgies. Wowser!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Idea! My other trick is to only buy it for special occasions because it's so high in sodium. I do just tend to eat it straight from the bag when it's around. Next time I will take your advice and freeze it. I do the same thing with cereal. Too bad I can't freeze that too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! I think you can even buy a large block of it and that would be really hard to gnaw on, frozen. (Though, I am sure I can figure out how.)

    I definitely don't buy it often, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chew gum when I cook, so i don't snack. Mint wrecks the taste of everything else.

    ReplyDelete