Friday, January 4, 2013

My "Carrot"

So, I have discovered over the past few months that I love to wear dresses.  I never thought I was a "dress" kind of person but I really feel more confident and attractive when I wear them.  I have also discovered this website and I have spent WAY too much money on dresses from it.  So, I am working really hard right now not to spend extra money since I am broke.  However, I have found that I have worked hard towards my weight loss goals in the past when I have a prize or reward to work towards......a dangling carrot, so to speak.  So, this is my "carrot":

(Dress at Modcloth.com)


I have posted a picture of this dress on my fridge and I also glued a picture of it in my notebook where I put grocery lists, meal plans and produce that we need to use.  I am trying to keep a visual reminder of what I am working for.  In all honesty, this dress is actually a lot more than just a dress.  I am not just working for a dress.  I am working for how I feel when I wear dresses.  I feel more confident and attractive.  When I work hard towards my health and fitness goals, I feel so much better about myself and my self esteem is so much better.  I would have never dreamed of wearing a dress when I was 265 pounds.....I also wouldn't have been able to wear the dresses from Modcloth because I wouldn't have been able to fit into them.  That's another motivator for me.  I want to be able to go into any store I want and buy clothes.  I don't want to have to go to speciality stores to buy clothes.  I want to feel good about what I am wearing.  I am 32 years old and I feel like I have just discovered my personal style.  I love wearing retro dresses with cute jewelry and accessories.  I want to be able to wear these outfits.  I don't want to have to go back to baggy shirts and jeans all of the time because that's all that will fit me.

So, that's why I post this picture of this dress on my fridge, in my notebook and on my blog.  Because it represents my style, my health and fitness goals and my self esteem.  I want to wear this dress soon!

UPDATE***Okay....so I officially weighed in today and like I had anticipated, it was not pretty.....194.6.  But I stepped on the scale so now I can just move forward.  When I lose 5 pounds, I can buy this dress for myself.  So when I hate 189.6, this dress will be mine.  Then I will set another 5 pound reward goal for myself to keep myself moving forward.  So, here I go.......


6 comments:

  1. Love this dress!! Always nice to have something to work towards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I just happened upon your awesome blog and you area freakin' adorable! Love the specs and you have an great smile. That dress is going to be so cute on you. I'm going to read on because I need some inspiration. Wanna be my VBFF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....how sweet! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG I just happened upon your blog and how cute are you!!? That dress is going to be perfect on you. You are an inspiration. Wanna be my VBFF?

    ReplyDelete